Model A History
Our Famous Model A
Henry Ford introduced the Model A to the public in 1927. It was introduced to the Arnolfo family in 1930 when John Arnolfo Sr. purchased a Model A Town Sedan in San Francisco. Unknown to John Sr., the pick-up truck would play a significant role in Arnolfo family history.
- In 1937, John’s mother and father went on their first date in this car.
- In 1940 the car was wrecked during a trip to the San Joaquin Valley Wine Country to visit family members.
- Fixed and modified into a pick-up truck by John Sr.’s brother-in-law, Mike Manassero.
- Used in the Arnolfo brothers’ grocery store in San Francisco until the start of World War II in 1941.
- Brought back to Lodi, California in the San Joaquin Valley and used as a farm vehicle until the early 1950s.
- Last driven in the mid 1950s by cousin Mickie Manassero and his friend Dan Parisi as a “jalopy” during their high school days.
- For more than 45 years, the vehicle sat in an old barn in Lodi, Calif. until it was picked up by John Arnolfo, Jr. in the summer of 2002.
- Restoration began in September 2002.
Now restored to a Model A Town Sedan Pick-Up, you can see the eye-catching truck in front of the Silver Grill on occasion, or John riding around town in his pride and joy.